Sunday, June 13, 2010

Thursdays Happenings

This past Thursday the weather cooperated enough for a few hours that we were able to get out of the house. We hiked up Waterfall Canyon and even talked my little sister and her friend Bobbi into coming with us. Oh how we love exercise and nature and when you put the two together you get something great!

Jake even caught a lizard on the way back down!


Later that night I cut my hair. It was kind of a last minute thought, but I was able to get my an appointment. This is how the night went:


Just getting settled.

The last of the pony tail! It's GONE just like that!

TWO hours later:
(after ALOT of thinning out....the girl said she has never cut such thick hair)

The finished product!


About 10 inches worth of pony tail that I will be sending off to donate to a program called Beautiful Lengths to make wigs for women with cancer. This is my second time donating my hair, but definitely the shortest it has ever been!

It's definitely going to take some getting used and I have to learn how to do my hair again, but overall I'm happy with the outcome. One thing is for sure....my neck won't have to support as much weight any more!

8 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Kristin! It's beautiful!

The Schmutz Family said...

Holy cow girl! You sure know how to grow hair. I love your hair! So cute.

Jeremy & Stacy said...

Kristin, it is darling! I love it!

Brett and Chelsea said...

I love the new hair cut! It was so good to see you this past weekend. We need to hang out more. :)

Liz Welker said...

OMG!!! Go girl!!! That is awesome and you look ADORABLE!!!

Karlee said...

LOVE your new look!! It's absolutely adorable!! Good for you!

Skye said...

i love the new look!!

RileyandChristinaShaw said...

I love your hair! Your haircut turned out way cute:) It's awesome that you donate your hair, when I cut like 15 inches off I think my hair was too damaged to donate:) also, i dye my hair too much!! also, it looks like you guys do a lot of fun outdoors activities! way fun!!