Thursday, January 13, 2011

GRADUATION!!!

This post is long overdue, but it is a HUGE event, so it is better to post late than never!!!

On Friday, December 10, 2010
Jake graduated with honors from Weber State University

with a BS degree in Geography Education and a dual minor in physical education and coaching!!! He is also getting his teaching license.



I am so PROUD of Jake for all his hard work. He put in so much time and effort into doing his best in school, and it showed. He received several different scholarships throughout the years and even got a 4.0 his last semester!



I know he is extremely glad to be done with school, student teaching, and homework! He does however have future plans to go back to school someday to get his masters. For now he will just enjoy the time being done with his degree and not paying tuition (YAY!!!).



Cooper and I were still in the hospital the day of graduation (it was the day after Cooper was born) and so I felt bad I couldn't go show my support to Jake. Luckily we have AMAZING family that came down to support Jake at the ceremony (Thanks Susan for the pictures!). Jake had a hard time staying awake through it all, since we had very little sleep, (if ANY!!!) Wednesday and Thursday night, but I'm glad he was able to attend. It is a HUGE accomplishment and I didn't want him to miss out on it!



As for now, he is just waiting for a job to open up so he can apply! He is planning to substitute teach, continue to work at the Bike Shoppe, and help take care of our little man on the days that I am working.

I can't say enough of how proud I am of Jake! He is going to be such an AMAZING teacher who many students look up to! He's going to make a big difference in this world just by being who he is!

Congrats babe...way to go! All your HARD work FINALLY paid off! I love you so much!

1 comment:

RileyandChristinaShaw said...

That's crazy it was on the same day that Cooper was born:) What a happy day:) Congrat's for all the hard work Jakob put into school:) it will certainly pay off:)