Sunday, September 28, 2008

The news of the week

Jake's contribution to this post: This past week I went to Las Vegas for Interbike with the guys from the shop. We stopped in St. George to do a little biking. Wednesday night we went "street" riding and I smashed my shin on my pedal...no that is not my knee, that is a large bump on my shin!

We then woke up and went for a mt ride that was awsome, called Jem Trail just outside of Hurricane. we drove to Vegas, which by the way was my first time ever in Vegas. We went to the bike show and looked around before going to the Tropocana to spend the night. We checked in and went to eat at a buffet, after dinner we watched a crit bike race at Madalay Bay which was amazing. Nate Mess. won 40 $ it would have been 60$ if he would not have played his 20$ on the way out of town. We drove a lot and had a good time. Thanks to Matt for everything!

Here is a clip from the crit race. They are pretty intense to watch. It's amazing how they come flying by! If anybody knows how to switch the video so it is right die up, please let me know becuase I couldn't figure it out!

Kristin's contribution to thist post: I REALLY missed Jake while he was gone! This was the longest we had been apart (from Wed. morning to Fri. night), but luckily I had lots of homework to keep me busy! It was sure good to see him when he got home, but I'm glad that he was able to go and have a good time. By the way...this injury if proof of why I won't let him "street" ride very often!

On Saturday Jake rode in a crit in downtown Ogden. He is still determined to stay in shape...you'd think by now I'd have had some of his determination rub off on me! He was riding really strong and riding really well until he started to have trouble with the computer sensor on his bike rubbing. Although he had some bad luck and was really frustrated with the referee, I was really proud of him. I love to watch him race and doing the things he loves!

After Jake's race we hurried to Centerville (Jake actually rode his bike, but I knew I'd never make it on a bike so I drove!) to help my little sister get ready for Homecoming. It was her first formal dance. I just wanted to tell her how cute she looked!

3 comments:

Jordan and Amy Kite said...

Kristin- I cant believe she is old enough to go to a dance! She looks so beautiful!

Brett and Chelsea said...

Seems like yesterday she was just "the little sister" following us around. Crazy how time flys. Brett and I have never been apart longer than a night and I don't want the day to come when we apart longer than that but it's right around the corner with the deer hunt... :(

Jeff said...

To fix the video, you want to hold your camera in the correct orientation when you take it. Tammie does the same thing all the time.