Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Recap of Some Important Summer Events

I decided I needed to blog about some of the events that happened this summer BEFORE I started blogging!

1.)The biggest event: Our trip to HAWAII!!!! It was awesome! We went with my brother, Court, and Jake's parents. This is where Jake served his mission so it was way fun getting to meet some of the people he worked with and served. We did so many fun things!

We saw lots of pretty sunsets, tropical flowers and palm trees!




We ate at The Famous Giovanni's Shrimp Truck! (I was feeling kind of sick so I didn't get to eat much! It looks pretty sketchy to eat anything that came from anywhere this van, but it really was delicious!) We also had the BEST shaved ices ever at Motsumoto's. They were so good we had to go twice!

Of course we had to go through the temple while we were there! It was amazing!

We went to Honu beach and got to see 2 sea turtles! They were so big! We had to stop by several times before we found some that had come up on the beach to bask.

We also went to the Polynesian cultural center, went on a few hikes: 1 up diamond head and the other to a really whimpy waterfall...but they were both gorgeous! We also went to Pearl Harbor, The Dole Plantation and the swap meet. One of our favorite things we did was snorkeling...we got to swim with the turtles and see lots of pretty fish! We packed so many fun things onto the vacation, we wish we could have stayed for another week!

While we were there we actually discovered some of Jake's favorite foods from his mission. One of which being chocolate Halpea pie. Another was Li Hi Muing...not my favorite, but its good on pineapple! We loved their coconut syrup and Hawaiian sun drinks!

Unfortunately on the way home we got stuck in the airport (we flew stand by with buddy passes from Court). We had planned to get home around 8:00 in the morning, but didn't get home till about 6:00 pm. It was still worth it though!
2.) This summer I had my summer work party at Lagoon. As always, Jake's favorite ride was the ride home :) but that wasn't the best part for me! They had a drawing with all the employees and I ended up winning a 4 GB ipod nano! I NEVER win anything so I was stoked!

3.) We also went on a really pretty hike up waterfall canyon (in Ogden) with our friends Nate and Karly. (They do a really good job keeping us entertained!) Jaked packed subway sandwiches up for us and we were able to really enjoy ourselves!

2 comments:

Liz Welker said...

No No NO WAAAY!!! I could not be happier about this reunion over blogging and I mean it!! First, I swear I wrote you back and please know that I didn't mean to neglect you, you two are the loves of my life!! Also, tell Jake I think it is AMAZING that he did lotoja and I'm real proud of him! Also I need to hear how school is going and we need to get together! Oh I just love you!!

Jordan and Amy Kite said...

Hey there, I am so glad you found me!! I hope you are having the time of your life- it looks it!

I love your pictures! Keep in touch, I cant wait to see what happens next in your exciting life!