Saturday, October 25, 2008

Cyclocross Fan!!!


Well, I'm officially now a cyclocross fan....especially when it comes to watching Jake! He did his 2nd cyclocross race today at Fort Buenaventura, but it was my first time being able to watch him. I loved it and he did so amazing! Here are a few clips and pictures so you can get a little taste of what it is like:

There are some pretty intense spots on the course! These obstacles being one of them. I just know if I was to even attempt to walk over those things I would probably fall on my face and they were able to do it running and carrying their bikes!

He had so much fun doing it he even did an extra lap after riding for 45 minutes! No, the extra lap really was just on accident becuase they didn't announce he was done and it was kind of confusing! That's okay I guess, I was able to get more pictures!!!

Jake ended up 4th overall! I was so proud of him! He's just a natural! It's amazing how good he still looks after riding so hard for almost an hour!!! (the race was 45 mins, but with his extra lap it was closer to 55 minutes!) Way to go Babe, you did awesome!

2 comments:

Susan said...

I am so proud of you. You truly are so talented and amazing in so many things. Wish I would have known about the race. I would have been there with Kristin cheering you on. (It would have gotten me out of the yard work we did!!) ;-)

Liz Welker said...

What the? Jake is so cool! So...that's how he got someone amazing like Kristin...It's all comin together now...