Sunday, November 30, 2008

THANKSGIVING!

We had an awesome thanksgiving and we hope you all did the same! We went up to Logan Wednesday morning after Jake got out of class. It was so good to get away and have a break from school and work, plus get to hang out with the fam!

Wednesday night we went bowling. It was a lot of fun because we haven't been bowling in forever! Jake and I got schooled by everyone else, but that's okay!

Although I would like ot say this was a common occurance througout the night, it only happenend twice and Jake was lucky enough to get one of them on video!

There is a lot of work that goes into Thanksgiving dinner, and I got to learn from the best this year! Cooking is definitely NOT my greatest skill, but something I'm working on! Jake's mom is an amazing cook! Even though I was probably in the way a lot, she was good to have patience with me and teach me the tricks to making breadsticks, pies and sweet potato souffle.
Jake also had some exciting news for us when they came home from hunting. He got his 2nd goose ever and he was stoked about it! On friday they were also able to get 5 ducks! Hunting with Connor (his brother) and his dad is one of his most favorite things to do!


My Friday, however, consisted of much different activities! I went shopping with Tammie (my sister-in-law) and Jake's mom, aunts and grandma. They are pretty entertaining to hang out with and we saw some pretty interesting things! It was nice to get some Christmas shopping done and get some good deals while we were at it! It was also fun to run into some old friends!

We LOVE Thanksgiving time! We are grateful all the time, but its nice to have a specific day to reflect on all that we are thankful for. We are so blessed and have absolutely nothing to complain about!

Saturday night after a long day at work (it's hard to go back when you've had such a nice break like we did!) we went with our friends Nate and Karly to dinner and the long awaited Twilight! Jake and Nate didn't enjoy it quite as much as Karly and I did, but I think they still had a good time! They were good sports about it at least! The deal was that if they went to the movie with us, we would let them have a Nintendo night. It was worth it to have them there with us!

3 comments:

Chris and Tiffiney said...

Sorry if it sounded like I was taking a stab at your hobbies, but as I gamer I get it enough. I am actually pretty fit, but thanks for the heads up. To each their own…
-Chris

P.S. I am glad you had a good Thanksgiving. Happy Holidays…

eden said...

I wish I could have gone bowling with you guys, and maybe even hunting! (depending on how early you guys went) :) Cant wait until you guys come up here for Christmas! Hope finals went great! Love ya!

Katie said...

YAY! you guys are so cute :)!!!!!