Tuesday, December 16, 2008

BIG PROJECT!

Here is a little bit of what we have been up to the last little bit:

We've really been trying to take the prophets counsel to get a food storage built up. It is quite the overwhelming job!!! We are nowhere near where we need to be, but it does feel good to be getting a start on it at least!

It doesn't look like much of a short-term food storage, but it's getting there. If only we could find some more space to put it all!!!

I went to do dry pack canning with our ward last week for the first time ever. It was a good experience and I really enjoyed myself!



We even bought some 72-hour kits and put them together!

This is actually our Christmas gift from my mom and Woody. Isn't it great!? We are so excited for our new fireproof safe to keep all of our important things safe!

Hopefully we will be ready if anything ever does happen...or I guess I should say WHEN it does, since the prophets have been telling us to do it for years!!! I think our whole motivation behind this all is one day I was thinking...If something did happen and we didn't put forth any effort to try to be prepared, I know I would think to myself...I was soooo dumb! I knew all along we were supposed to be getting ready and I just never did. Hopefully as we continue on with this ONGOING project my conciousness can rest a little bit!

If anybody has any good ideas for us to add or any good suggestions, please let us know!

1 comment:

Jeremy & Stacy said...

Looking good guys! It is a lot of work but it builds up slowly, until or course, you run out of money and deplete it! Nice work it looks like you have gotten a lot!