Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Update!

Well, the week flew by in a hurry, much to our dismay!
It all started a week ago. On Monday Jake went duck hunting with his friend Jarold. He had a blas. He was stoked becuase he got his first drake pintail ever!!! They also had quite the story becuase they got 12 birds with only 6 shots! That night we drove up to Logan to be with Jake's family.

Tuesday was my 22nd birthday and I was SPOILED ROTTEN! Thanks to everyone who made it special! We went out to lunch at Costa Vida. I was also able to visit some of my friends up there. That night Susan made us a YUMMY dinner that we later finished up with these AWESOME brownies with hot fudge sauce! It was delicious! It was my first birthday away from my twin brother...I did NOT like being the only one becuase that meant I had to be the center of attention and there was nobody to share it with. I tried to avoid as much attention as possible, but they didn't let me get away with too much!

On Wednesday, Christmas Eve, I went to visit my Grandma Elwood for a few hours in the morning. I really do just love her to death. She makes the BEST homemade dill pickles in the world. For Christmas she gave Jake and I her typed and bound history of her childhood to finish off the complete set that she created of her and my grandpa. What a great gift that we will be able to enjoy for generations!

That night we went to the Balls family party and enjoyed some yummy food, talents, and a gift exchange. Then we went home and zonked, waiting for Santa to come visit!

On Christmas Jake and I were SPOILED again!!!! We woke up to open presents with Jake's family. Carter, our 2 year old nephew, made the morning very entertaining! Susan made her traditional homemade orange rolls for breakfast...to DIE FOR! Each of Jake's grandparents even paid us all a visit!

After we got things wrapped up we decided it was time to brace the storm and get on our way. We drove down to Brigham to visit and have lunch with my dad and stepmom and her family. Afterwards we again hit the road and headed down to Centerville to visit the rest of my family. Although it was a lot of driving, we were lucky that we were able to see everyone! We spent the night at my mom's house and were able to spend the whole next day with them!

Friday, we had family pictures taken. Afterward, we celebrated mine and Court's birthday! We went to the movie Marley and Me, which we all loved! Afterwards we went to eat at Firehouse Pizzaria! Should I mention again that this was a week of SPOILAGE!

Thanks to all our family who made our week special! It was a great break away from everything! We feel so lucky to have such great friends and family that we are blessed with and want you all to know we love you!!!

4 comments:

Jeremy & Stacy said...

Sounds like you both had a wonderful week! I am glad you had a great holiday and birthday! We need to do something soon!

Jeremy & Stacy said...

I actually thought the exact same thing believe it or not! Those were the days huh!

Katie said...

HEY!! Your alive and almost done with school so you can come home and have some way cool parties with me and Eden... I can't wait.. then to have little "Krakes" around. I can't wait!

Tim and Melissa said...

I'm so excited to happen across your blog! Congrats on your wedding since we haven't seen you in far too long. Kristin, you look beautiful as always! I'll be adding you as a link to our blog so we can keep up with you!